Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Golden carrot

This week I have a new goal. I've been doing some research about using less insulin, and reversing diabetes, and came across this story of a mother that caught her's son's Type 1 earlier enough to implement a serious regime of daily running and eating an exclusively raw diet. (There are so many variables here to explore, so I'm not making any claims, but I am curious) Although I'm working with a Holistic doctor on my diet,  and try to run often, the diet he prescribes is not exclusively raw, and I don't run every day. So I'm curious if running every day and working in one fully raw meal each day can at least make a difference in my glucose numbers. Now, I fully believe in the practice of breaking down big lofty goals into bite sized tasks, and completing them one by one in a realistic and enthusiastic fashion. Part of this enthusiasm comes towards working towards your goal, but a lot of it comes from a small but compelling reward I've promised myself at the successful completion of each task. So if I run 2miles every day and keep blood sugars below 200mg/dL for 7 days straight, I get to buy myself this lovely gold Baggu pouch made of super soft leather (to replace the current raggedy insulin supplies kit that I carry with me everywhere). I've admired this for quite some time and can now justify buying it. 3 days down, 4 to go. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment