Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Green Juice


Although most smoothies and juices are off limits for the diabetic or anyone trying to limit their sugar intake, there is a healthy, yummy alternative; The Green Juice.
It's an excellent way to pack in some vitamins and have something fresh to wash down a meal with, or even have it on it's own for a mid-day energy boost. A lot of cafe's will have a veggie option with some fruit in there, or a more sugary vegetable like beet, or carrot. I tend to steer clear of any fruit or sugary veggies in the liquid form, because they are sure to spike glucose when stripped of their accompanying fiber. Thus I customize an all vegetable concoction.
My favorite ingredients are: kale, lemon, lime, cucumber, spinach, and some ginger for a kick!
Today's recipe was kale, lemon, cucumber, and ginger. I loved every sip and how it inspired the guy in line behind me to order the same for himself. He liked it, I hope you do too!
Bottoms up! Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment