Monday, July 30, 2012

breakfast of champions

Introducing one of my favorite breakfast recipes. It might seem a little strange at first, but wait until you try it! As illustrated above, there are three simple ingredients, one banana, one avocado and one spoonful of cinnamon. I’ve found that most breakfast foods are high in carbohydrates- most of them sugary or high glycemic, like cereals, croissants, muffins, pastries, etc. So this was my yummy alternative and it’s served me really well, with energy to last the whole morning.
The magic is that when paired, the avocado’s good fat act to slow the digestion of the natural sugars and fiber of the banana and brings a more even release of the sugar that works well with insulin. The result is I get to have something a little sweeter in the morning that doesn’t cause a sugar spike and gives me energy until lunch. I know I look forward to this meal every morning and I think you will you too. Try me, I’ve gotten some “whatever”s and eye rolls from friends and family at first only to hear later that they love it and eat it nearly every day. Let me know what you think!
Happy eating,
Gina

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog through Jess Constable's -Wish I Knew Wednesday! I love to find new health blogs so I am excited to start following! I am definitely intrigued by this breakfast- im a little turned off by it at first because it is definitely unique but I'm always looking for something new for breakfast so I am excited to give it a try!
    PS I love your letterpress cards!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comment. I know, it's an odd combo at first, but trust me, give it a shot and let me know what you think! Ps love your blog :)

      Delete